Below is specific information about how to best access the vaccine now. Sites/providers are currently vaccinating individuals who fall into Phase 1A, which includes:
- Long-term care facility residents
- Health care personnel
- Persons not directly involved in patient care but potentially exposed to infectious material that can transmit disease among or from health care personnel and patients
- Persons ages 65 and older
- Persons ages 16-64 with high-risk conditions
- Individuals with a BMI higher than 30 are eligible (calculate your BMI here)
Currently, vaccine supply is extremely low. This is limiting providers’ ability to vaccinate more people. It is challenging to get the vaccine in the short-term, at this time. However, there are some things you can do now to be prepared when more vaccine becomes available.
What You Can Do Now
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania’s webpage includes a map which indicates which locations have COVID vaccines. Not all of the providers listed are open to anyone. Included below is the most up-to-date information about providers in the York area:
- Family First Health: Vaccinating those who fall in the Phase 1A category that are current Family First Health patients. If you are a patient at Family First Health, and qualify under Phase 1A, you are already on the list. Family First Health is directly calling patients in these populations to direct schedule them for vaccination.
- Penn State Health: Open to anyone (you do not need to be a Penn State Health patient). Slots are currently filled, but you can register now (through creating an account via their COVID Vaccination Portal), so that when more slots become available, your basic information is already in the system. You will need to use the Google Chrome web browser.
- UPMC: Taken from their website, “We are currently vaccinating those people who meet the Pennsylvania Department of Health’s Phase 1a criteria – which includes people over 65 and people with medical conditions that put them at greater risk of COVID-19 complications. If you are in Phase 1a and wish to receive a vaccination, we encourage you to register using the form below.”
- WellSpan: Open to anyone (you do not need to be a WellSpan patient). Slots are currently filled, but you can register now (through creating a MyWellSpan account) so that when more slots become available, your basic information is already in the system.
- Pharmacies – The following pharmacies are currently vaccinating in PA; however, they are showing as all slots full at this time. Please check back frequently to see if slots open up.
You are able to sign up for alerts on some of these sites. Also, some sites allow for you to join a wait list, which is encouraged.
This information changes VERY frequently due to vaccine supply.