York, PA: Family First Health will observe the 30th anniversary of World AIDS Day with several activities on Friday, November 30th. This year’s theme is “Know your status.” Significant progress has been made in the AIDS response since 1988, and today three in four people living with HIV know their status. But there is still progress to be made in reaching people living with HIV who do not know their status and ensuring that they are linked to quality care. Through Family First Health’s Caring Together program, a collaborative partnership with WellSpan Health, we offer a seamless system of coordinated, high-quality care for people who are HIV positive, so they can access the services they need.
World AIDS Day observance activities planned for Friday, November 30th include:
- Free, confidential HIV testing at Family First Health’s George Street Center from 9:00 am-1:00 pm for anyone age 13 and older. The George Street Center is located at 116 South George Street in York. Testing will be done on the 3rd An Informational booth will be set up on the 1st floor during the same hours.
- Time of reflection and remembrance at the Serenity Garden of Hope from 2:00-3:00 pm. The Serenity Garden of Hope is located at Albemarle Park, 117 South Albemarle Street in York.
- Informational booth at Minnich’s Pharmacy from 9:00 am-1:00 pm. Minnich’s Pharmacy will also donate a portion of sales of over the counter items to support the Caring Together program. Minnich’s Pharmacy is located in the Colonial Shopping Center, 976 South George Street in York.
- Family First Health’s building will be illuminated with red lights on both Friday, November 30th and Saturday, December 1st.
- Patient quotes and informational facts will be posted on Family First Health’s Facebook page (facebook.com/fFamilyFirstHealth) on both Friday, November 30th and Saturday, December 1st.
Family First Health is also seeking donations of toiletries and women’s hygiene products to support Caring Together clients. Donations can be dropped at the George Street Center on the 3rd floor at any time during normal business hours.
Individuals or medical providers interested in more information about the Caring Together Program can contact Program Manager, Rebecca Wilson, at 717-846-6776 ext. 4855.